visitMyPHOTOBLOG! RECIPES portraitPHOTOGRAPHY LINKS

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Queijadinha.

Queijadinha are the best coconut ‘muffins’ I have ever done. I call them “muffins” because it’s hard to find exactly right English word. Besides, I used paper muffin cases for baking so they look as muffins. However, you will discover the difference between normal muffins and ‘these muffins’ right after trying them.
Today, what I know for sure, is that Queijadinha are very addictive!



My first Queijadinha aren’t exactly the same as in the recipe from Sil*, but as she said, there are many recipes and combination for Queijadinha so this time I was lucky, because instead of milk I used double cream, I added more coconut and I used more condensed milk. That is how I made my first traditional Brazilian sweets.
Main tester of course was Sil and She really enjoyed them :).

*Thanks Sil for inspiration!



Queijadinha

Makes 14**


Ingredients:

8 tablespoons plain flour
3 tablespoons hard grated cheese
2 eggs, beaten lightly
200ml sweetened condensed milk
120ml double cream
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon butter
140g dried, shredded Coconut

**14 medium muffin cases


Method:

1. Preheat oven, 195C. Put 14 paper baking cases in a muffin pan.
2. Soak the dried shredded coconut into 120ml double cream for 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl beat eggs with sweetened condensed milk, add 1 tablespoon butter and beat again until well combined. Add shredded coconut and double cream and stir together.
4. Sieve the flour and baking powder. Add flour and grated cheese and stir gently until well combined.
5. Divide the mixture between the paper cases (they should be about two-thirds full).
6. Transfer to a preheated oven, 195C, and bake for 25-30 minutes until risen and golden
7. Transfer to a wire-rack to cool.


Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment