visitMyPHOTOBLOG! RECIPES portraitPHOTOGRAPHY LINKS

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Plain Scones!



I never thought that scones could be so delicious and divine!! Actually, to be honest, I even though I don’t like them at all. Every time I buy scones, they are hard or clay and often tasteless. However, one day, when staying in a lovely BB in Cork I changed my mind :-). I have eaten there the best scones in the world and I knew I won’t leave the place without getting a recipe from their cook...



There are many ideas and recipes for scones. They said the original one comes from Scotland and the recipe relies on milk but my heart still belongs to the Irish scones based on buttermilk, which in my opinion makes dough more fluffy.
Of course scones should be served warm and fresh but these ones are delicious even next day!



I would like to thank the owner of Garnish house in Cork for this recipe.
For all those who are looking for a nice place to stay, the best Irish breakfast and divine scones in all Ireland I would definitely recommend that amazing place.



Plain Scones (Garnish House recipe)

Ingredients:

recipe for 8 scones (I reduced ingredients)
250g self raising flour
80g butter
60g caster sugar
1 egg and about 50-70ml buttermilk (100ml liquid together)


Original recipe (I have no idea ;-) how many scones you get – a lot!)


2kg self raising flour
660g Margarine or butter
500g caster sugar
6-9 eggs and 300-400ml buttermilk (700ml liquid together)


Method:

1. Sift raising flour and sugar into bowl
2. Add butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs
3. Stir in buttermilk and eggs to a soft dough, knead lightly until combined
4. Roll out the dough on lightly floured surface to 3cm/11/4in thick. Stamp out round using 5cm/2in cookie cutter (a glass is also fine)
5. Place on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with milk
6. Bake at 225 degrees Celsius for approx. 20-25 minutes

Enjoy :-)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from Poland!

Unknown said...

How are You?

Unknown said...

A useful post, it give me more knowledge. thank you
I am a graphics designer and I am working on photoshop Clipping Path & my company is providing Clipping Path Service , Visit My Website Now :)

elizabethsachez9 said...

wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated.
www.designeroutletsales.com

alex lee said...

we create best clothing to wear for our customers.We make all kinds of clothing accessories for men and women.Just come and see for yourself:Plain Poloshirts

Post a Comment