visitMyPHOTOBLOG! RECIPES portraitPHOTOGRAPHY LINKS

Monday, February 14, 2011

Almond Brownie


Who does like brownie? I guess vast majority of us, therefore today I am going to present you Brownie in a new flavour – a divine almond and chocolate combination.
If you are a big fan of almonds, you are going to love it more than the classic Brownie.

This cake is not as sticky as the classic one and tastes a bit like a chocolate marzipan. For me it was love at first bite!


I think Almond Brownie might be an interesting idea for a Valentine’s day gift – satisfaction guaranteed :-)



Almond Brownie (gluten free)

Ingredients:

100g unsalted butter, chopped
100g dark (70% cocoa) chocolate, chopped coarsely
100g (½ cup) fruit sugar (or caster sugar)
180g (1½ cups) ground almond (almond flour)
2 eggs beaten lightly
3 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur or orange juice (optional)
icing sugar for dusting

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 20x20cm square pan
2. Melt butter and chocolate in small heatproof bowl over small saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat, gently stir until mixture is smooth, cool
3. Beat eggs and sugar in a big bowl with electric mixer (3 minutes), then stir in ground almond and Amaretto liqueur (or orange juice).
4. Gradually stir chocolate mixture into eggs and almond mixture.
5. Spread mixture into prepared pan; bake 25-30 minutes (NO LONGER!!). Cool in pan!
6. Cut cold Brownie into pieces, serve dusted with sifted icing sugar and fresh oranges sliced into quarters.


Enjoy and Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too and for this kind of clever work and reporting!Keep up the terrific works. I've included you guys to my personal blogroll.
I am a graphics designer and I am working on photoshop Clipping Path & my company is providing Clipping Path Service , Visit My Website Now :)

Post a Comment