visitMyPHOTOBLOG! RECIPES portraitPHOTOGRAPHY LINKS

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pizza. A classic dish.

I bought today fresh basil. I opened the box and suddenly I felt like I was in Roma again walking through Via Gustiniani to see Pantheon, surrounded by ancient buildings and aroma of freshly ground coffee. Above me blue, clear sky and warm sun on my face. Yes...
I already knew, what to make for a dinner. The classic Italian dish. A pizza!



First time I was in Roma, I found the best pizza in a small suburb restaurant near Torre Maura. It wasn’t round pizza and it had only 3 ingredients. That was something surprising and I fell in love with this simplicity.
During my second visit in this beautiful city, I found delicious pizza in the restaurant near St Maria Maggiore thanks to lovely Marta (Martina) M., who showed me this nice place. Without her company the trip to Roma wouldn’t be the same.



Making pizza is very simple and everybody can have their own recipe. If you prepare dough earlier, finishing this perfect Italian dish takes less than 30 minutes.
Today I used for my pizza a goat cheese, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes and of course fresh basil.

Makes 2 small pizzas

Pizza dough*
4g dried yeast
90ml warm water
150g (1 cup) plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon oil

Tomato sauce:
100ml tomato puree
Glove of garlic, crushed
1 chopped onion
fresh basil, chopped coarsely
salt, paper
1 teaspoon oil

Extra adding:
Fresh tomato
goat cheese
mushrooms

*adapted from The Australian Women’s Weakly, Food we Love

Method:

1. Combine yeast, flour and salt in a bowl. Stir with water and oil. Mix to a soft dough. Turn dough onto floured surface; kneed about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
2. Place dough in oiled bowl, cover; stand in warm place about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in frying pan, add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft. Add tomato puree, salt and pepper. Simmer uncovered, about 5 minutes. Stir in basil.
4. Preheat oven to 220C.
5. Roll pizza dough on floured surface to a 25cm round; placed on oiled pizza tray. Spread with basic tomato sauce.
6. Arrange goat cheese, mushrooms and tomato over tomato sauce. Bake about 25-30 minutes, until well browned and crisp.
7. Serve sprinkled with basil.


Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment